from the school website:
Curriculum: United States (US)
Language of Instruction: English
Pre-Kindergarten to 12th Grade
Bradenton Preparatory Academy is a GEMS Education school, offering the US curriculum for students from Pre-Kindergarten to 12th Grade. Our Common Core and Advanced Placement curriculum integrates international elements of learning and is tailored to the global students of today who will graduate as the innovators of tomorrow.
Complementing our strong academic program is a robust athletic and after-school activity curriculum, developing the whole child. Our location, in the heart of Dubai Sports City, allows us to take advantage of first-class sports facilities, which complement our on-campus facilities.
At Bradenton Preparatory Academy, we believe:
- Compassion and fairness promote trust and respect and are best communicated through modeling;
- School should cultivate imagination and instill an appreciation for learning as a joyful, lifelong pursuit;
- An atmosphere of trust enables children to question, to take risks, to collaborate, to assume responsibility for independent work and to pursue individual interests;
- Significant accomplishments can be achieved through perseverance and hard work;
- That quality education empowers the individual and expands options throughout life, and that educators, students and parents do this by building bridges of trust, communication and common goals;
- That our commitment to advocating, teaching and respecting a diverse student body from cultures throughout the world, fosters peace, justice and global understanding.
Students at Bradenton Preparatory Academy are encouraged and motivated to be:
- Critical thinkers
- Creative explorers
- Independent learners
- Technical integrators
- Global citizens
The wealth of knowledge and the personal characteristics students gain while at Bradenton Preparatory Academy will shape and strengthen their identities once they graduate and enter the world beyond school.
As a GEMS Education school, we are part of a family of international schools that embody educational excellence and believe that school teaches children how to learn and inspires them to always look for the lesson in everything.
American Curriculum at Bradenton Prep…
Bradenton Preparatory Academy offers a stimulating and challenging learning environment.
Curriculum: United States (US) AERO Common Core Plus Standards and AP Curriculum
Language of Instruction: English
Our American curriculum is based on the AERO Common Core Plus Standards, plus Advanced Placement courses at the upper levels of high school. Pedagogy follows best practice research, and focuses on teaching independent, critical thinking, close reading, and writing. Academically, we prepare students for rigorous university study.
The Pre-KG and KG1 programs are designed to prepare children for the expectations of the Common Core curriculum while fostering each child’s unique developmental needs.
The core program KG2-12 focuses on math, science, reading, writing, social studies, Arabic language for both native and non-native speakers, and Islamic Studies for Muslim students. In addition, to contribute to the education of the whole child, students take courses in computer science, library science, music, art, world languages, health, and physical education
Technology is integrated throughout our curriculum from KG1-12. Internet access is available throughout the campus and we have a “Bring Your Own Device” program for students in grades 6-12.
Beyond academics, our wide range of after school activity offerings (ASA) give students the opportunity to explore known interests and find new passions. For example, ASAs have included LEGO robotics, stage makeup, Math enrichment, engineering, dance, scuba diving, chess club, and yearbook, to name a few.
At BPA, our students learn to be kind, to lead, and to embrace new learning opportunities at every turn. Surrounded by peers and teachers from around the world, they embrace, and celebrate diversity, a diversity of approaches, ideas, languages, and attitudes, that fosters critical and expansive thinking and problem solving, preparing them to be lifelong learners and contributing global citizens.
Step 1: To begin the application process, please submit your enquiry through the Enroll Online page.
Before accessing this site, you may wish to read the following guidelines providing simple instructions for completing the online application process.
Step 2: Once you have completed the online application, you will receive an Enquiry number. Please print a copy of this Receipt and keep it for your records. If you cannot print this page, please ensure that you write down the Enquiry Number for all future correspondence and queries. Without the Enquiry Number, we cannot verify your Enquiry submission. An acknowledgement email containing the next steps will be sent to the email address you provided.
Step 3: After receiving the acknowledgement email containing your enquiry number, please follow the steps listed. You will be requested to pay a Registration Fee of AED500. This fee is non-refundable, non-transferrable, and non-deductible, and is required along with the requested documents, to proceed with the registration process. Submit the requested documents, listed below to the Registrar:
- 4 applicant’s passport photos and 1 passport photo of each, Father and Mother – (print the applicant’s name clearly on the back of each picture)
- Copy of 3 years of school reports to include most recent school report (must be in English)
- Copy of Applicant’s Birth Certificate (must be in English or Arabic)
- Copy of Applicant’s immunization record
- Copy of Applicant’s passport, UAE Residence Visa and Emirates ID Card(when available).
- Copy of Father’s and Mother’s Emirates ID Card (when available). The UAE Residence Visa, Emirates ID and Transfer Certificate are not needed at application processing time, but will be required at the actual enrollment. This is a required document for the registration of the application by the Ministry of Education in Dubai.
- Standardized Test Results (if available)
- Completed Confidential Recommendation form (KG-12)
- Completed Language Background form.
*The UAE Residence Visa and Transfer Certificate are not needed at application processing time, but will be needed at actual enrollment. These are required documents for the registration of the child by the Ministry of Education in Dubai.
**Reminder – Applications will not be processed until full documentation and payment of application fee has been received.
***Please note: an application submission with complete documentation and payment of the registration fee, does not guarantee a placement in our school.
Language Background Questionnaire Download in PDF Format
Transfer Certificate Download in PDF Format
Wire Transfer Bank Details Download in PDF Format
Confidential School Recommendation Form Download in PDF Format
For more information about assessment or requirements for entry, please call 04 818 3600.